COCHLEAR IMPLANTS IN CHILDREN AND ADULTS
June 7-10, 2023 / Dallas, TX
June 7: Pre-Conference Activities and Industry Satellite Symposia
June 8-10: CI2023 Dallas
About ACI Alliance
American Cochlear Implant Alliance is a not-for-profit membership organization created with the purpose of eliminating barriers to cochlear implantation by sponsoring research, driving heightened awareness and advocating for improved access to cochlear implants for patients of all ages across the US. ACI Alliance members are clinicians, scientists, educators, and others on cochlear implant teams as well as parent and consumer advocates. An annual meeting for professional members is convened.
About CI2023 Dallas Cochlear Implants in Children and Adults
The conference will foster dissemination of multi-disciplinary scientific information applicable to audiologists, physicians, speech pathologists, psychologists, scientists, engineers, educators, students, advocates and others involved in cochlear implantation. The conference will provide attendees with opportunities to explore current and emerging topics for CI patients across the lifespan.
CI2023 Dallas Cochlear Implants in Children and Adults Themes and Topics to be Explored
CI2023 Dallas Themes:
- Considerations for non-English speaking patients
- Genetics of hearing loss relevant to CI outcomes
- CMV (Cytomegalovirus) and cochlear implantation
- Cochlear implantation at both ends of the age spectrum (< 9 months, > 90 years)
Anticipated session topics:
- Champions of CI Coordination and Continuity – focus on the “unsung heroes” of CI programs (nurses, coordinators, social workers, patient care advocates)
- Updates in Assessment Tools and Telehealth
- Robotics and Fully Implantable Cochlear Implants
- Tackling the Tough Cases with Teamwork – tough cases and how we navigate through them with teamwork
- Controversies and Challenges with CMV – manifestations of CMV, complex care involved in these patients, outcomes, and special considerations.
- (Re)Habilitation Across the Lifespan - exploring CI (Re)Habilitation and Education for Children and Adults
CME and CEU credits will be provided for this activity.
CONNECT WITH US